According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths cost Maryland residents an estimated $690 million in medical costs and missed work each year. These figures don’t begin to account for the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering that victims experience when they survive their car accident with serious injuries. If you’ve been hurt in a car crash due to the negligence or neglect of another person or party, you may have the right to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are Rockville, Maryland car accident lawyers who may be able to help your family make an insurance claim and fight negligent parties for damages. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim after a crash. Contact Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. today.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Rockville, Maryland
If you’ve been in a car accident in Rockville, Maryland, there are steps you can take to protect your rights after a wreck. The minutes and hours after an accident can be incredibly confusing, painful, and stressful. What steps can you take to protect your rights?
- Call the police. Always call the police after any accident, no matter how minor it seems. Some serious injuries might not be immediately apparent at the scene of a crash. Check that all drivers are safe, call for help, and make a police report. A police report will also be useful should you later need to make an insurance claim or should you later want to file a personal injury claim against negligent parties.
- Gather information at the scene of the accident. Get the information of the other driver’s insurance company and policy. Speak to witnesses of your crash and write down their names and contact information. Should there be a dispute about negligence or difficulty with your insurer, witnesses can help support your case and clarify what happened on the day of your accident. If you are having difficulty making a claim after a crash, contact Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. a car accident law firm in Rockville, Maryland today.
- Let your insurance company know you’ve been in an accident. While you may not want to spend too much time with adjusters on the phone, you should always report any accident to your insurance company as soon as possible after an accident. Ask insurance companies to contact you in writing about your claim, that way, if you have questions, you can show any letters or written correspondence to your car accident attorney. If you find yourself struggling with phone calls from adjusters or have questions about the insurance claim process, Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car crash lawyers in Rockville, Maryland who may be able to assist you with your claim.
- Seek medical care after a crash. Even if you think your injuries are minor or negligible, it may still be wise to seek medical attention after any accident. In the minutes and hours following a crash, your body might be flooded with adrenaline, which can sometimes mask pain or make pain feel less serious than it is. Visiting the emergency room after a crash, ensures that you’ll receive the medical care you need and deserve. If you have been in an accident and are having difficulties paying medical bills, visit Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. in Rockville, Maryland to help you today.
- Avoid posting about your accident on social media. Anything you post or say online could impact your claim.
- Hire a car accident lawyer Rockville, Maryland. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car accident attorneys who can help you file a claim, speak to insurance adjusters, and protect your rights.
Anything you say or do after a car crash can impact your ability to make a claim. Take steps to protect your rights today. Contact Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. in Rockville, Maryland today to learn more about your next steps.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — NO RECOVERY, NO FEE
Our lawyers speak Korean, Spanish, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi.
Our lawyers are available to meet with you whenever and wherever is most convenient. To schedule an appointment with an accident lawyer, call us in Rockville, Maryland, at 1-888-340-7583. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail as well.
We handle personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you will not be asked to pay any legal fees unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
How a Lawyer Can Help You with Your Rockville, Maryland Car Accident Claim
The aftermath of a car accident can leave victims and their families facing a range of unique challenges. Victims can suffer traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, post-traumatic stress disorder, broken bones, internal injuries, and other serious injuries after a crash. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car crash attorneys in Rockville, Maryland who can assist you with your car accident claim. How can we help?
- We can estimate the value of your claim. Many factors must be considered when determining the value of your car accident claim. We can review your medical expenses and lost wages. We can also speak to medical experts and witnesses, and estimate the value of future medical expenses and lost wages. Our firm can also help you receive the best possible pain and suffering claim possible under the law.
- We can speak to insurance adjusters on your behalf. Understanding the value of your claim is just one part of the process. Insurance companies sometimes use computer programs or estimates when determining the value of your claim. These estimates may not always take into account your actual losses and expenses. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car accident lawyers in Rockville, Maryland who understand how the insurance claims process works and who can fight to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law.
- We can write demand letters to insurance companies and negligent parties. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car crash lawyers in Rockville, Maryland who understand the legal steps to pursuing a car accident claim. We can write demand letters when insurance companies fail to pay you the settlement you may owe. We can also identify all responsible parties for your accident and write strongly-worded demand letters to help you get the best possible claim under the law.
- We can take your case to court, if needed. Many car accident claims can be settled outside of court. However, it helps to have a lawyer who is willing to take a claim to court, if needed. Insurance companies may know which lawyers are willing to pursue claims in court. Having a lawyer who is willing to fight for you to the fullest extent of the law is important in getting the best possible settlement. Contact Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. today to learn more about your options and rights.
- We can evaluate the factors that can result in a better settlement, and can help you if your claim is more complicated. If you have been in any of the following types of accidents:
- A crash with an uninsured/underinsured motorist
- A crash with a driver who was drinking (DUI/DWI crash)
- Accident involving multiple vehicles or commercial vehicles
Many factors can affect your personal injury claim after a car accident. Rowe, Weinstein, & Sohn, P.L.L.C. are car accident attorneys in Rockville, Maryland who work closely with victims and families to help them get the maximum possible settlement under the law. Our firm can review your claim and help you today.